Log in

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 23 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:11 pm
Current Podcast


Season 5 Episode 1 - Ceiling Fan Mail
Season 5 begins as Ethan tries to return to a normal life...which might not be so easy.

Welcome to The Ceiling Fan board. Please do not feed the singing tortoises.

Messages from Kevin

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Messages from Kevin

Post by Kevin McCreary on Tue May 07, 2013 10:36 am

Hey friends,

I'm so excited about the positive response to the message boards. Lot's of cool stuff is happening with The Ceiling Fan and we're always trying to make the interaction between fans easier and more fun! Thanks to you guys, we've been able to do way more than I would have ever imagined with my little podcast!

As usual, there is a bit of a delay with the next episode. We are hoping to start production on it in the next week. But that doesn't mean we'll have it out soon. I really am looking forward to finishing this season, because I can't wait for you guys to hear it. However, after spending over 2 years on this story arch, I am realizing how important these last few episodes are to me and everyone else. So I want to make sure it's perfect! So I am spending more time on them than I used to and not putting them out to the public until we are all proud of them. So we aren't setting deadlines for ourselves and putting out products we wish we could go back and change. :-) I hope that makes sense. But no worries, we ARE still making the show. :-)

Well, that's all I have for now. Keep in touch!


-Kevin
avatar
Kevin McCreary

Posts : 36
Join date : 2013-03-24
Age : 31
Location : Charleston SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Messages from Kevin

Post by Ceilingfanlover:) on Tue May 07, 2013 10:41 am

Well, as long as we get the next episode before the end of the year, I'm happy Smile Quality before quantity, after all Smile

_________________
Guess who got a new blog? thelifeandtimesofaudreyk.blogspot.com
avatar
Ceilingfanlover:)

Posts : 404
Join date : 2013-03-26
Age : 18
Location : Texas

http://aio-oddsandends.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Messages from Kevin

Post by Liz'alike on Tue May 07, 2013 12:10 pm

I'm just excited at the prospect of another on eventually coming out! I must know what happens next! Keep up the good work CF crew!

(Like Audrey said: Quality before quantity.)
avatar
Liz'alike

Posts : 117
Join date : 2013-03-28
Age : 22
Location : Somewhere out there!

Back to top Go down

Re: Messages from Kevin

Post by C-guy on Tue May 07, 2013 12:10 pm

So Kevin, how's the Blimey Cow Network and Edwin and the Orbs coming along? You must have quite a bit of work on your hands right now with The Scoop, C.F., Blimey Cow, and Edwin! Shocked
avatar
C-guy

Posts : 433
Join date : 2013-03-26
Age : 18
Location : Planet Earth

http://www.brothers-brick.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Messages from Kevin

Post by Kevin McCreary on Tue May 07, 2013 4:19 pm

Wow, I do don't I? I didn't think about it until you just mentioned it. haha.

Well, Garrett is doing most of the Scoopcast these days. We just get on Skype when he has time and we talk about stuff. In fact, I am doing that this evening. I also had a 2 hour long meeting last night with Jave about getting moving on Edwin. Because it's been on hold while he is looking for actors. Not that there aren't plenty of actors out there, but the perfect ones. Other than that, I haven't had to do a whole lot with Edwin. With Blimey Cow, I just love those guys and I enjoy helping them out, just like they help me out. So it's a nice trade off. And alas, because of all that, I guess TCF suffers a bit. But, when I listen to the shows at the beginning of season 3 and then listen to the last few, I realize why it takes so long to make this show. It's night and day in quality.

Honestly, I've been working a part time job lately, in order to make ends meet, and getting to do audio production is really a nice stress reliever for me. I really enjoy learning and perfecting my skills as a writer and sound designer. Plus I love working with other people. So I guess it's kinda like I'm working a part time job and in school. Except all those shows are my school. :-)

Not to mention, I have some great people who have stepped up and helped out over the years to make TCF what it is.


-Kevin
avatar
Kevin McCreary

Posts : 36
Join date : 2013-03-24
Age : 31
Location : Charleston SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Messages from Kevin

Post by C-guy on Wed May 08, 2013 4:53 pm

Kevin McCreary wrote:Wow, I do don't I? I didn't think about it until you just mentioned it. haha.

Well, Garrett is doing most of the Scoopcast these days. We just get on Skype when he has time and we talk about stuff. In fact, I am doing that this evening. I also had a 2 hour long meeting last night with Jave about getting moving on Edwin. Because it's been on hold while he is looking for actors. Not that there aren't plenty of actors out there, but the perfect ones. Other than that, I haven't had to do a whole lot with Edwin. With Blimey Cow, I just love those guys and I enjoy helping them out, just like they help me out. So it's a nice trade off. And alas, because of all that, I guess TCF suffers a bit. But, when I listen to the shows at the beginning of season 3 and then listen to the last few, I realize why it takes so long to make this show. It's night and day in quality.

Honestly, I've been working a part time job lately, in order to make ends meet, and getting to do audio production is really a nice stress reliever for me. I really enjoy learning and perfecting my skills as a writer and sound designer. Plus I love working with other people. So I guess it's kinda like I'm working a part time job and in school. Except all those shows are my school. :-)

Not to mention, I have some great people who have stepped up and helped out over the years to make TCF what it is.


-Kevin
Well once again thank you for what you do and for taking the time to build the Ceiling Fan into what it is. Smile
avatar
C-guy

Posts : 433
Join date : 2013-03-26
Age : 18
Location : Planet Earth

http://www.brothers-brick.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Messages from Kevin

Post by DragRacingFanatic on Wed May 08, 2013 5:12 pm

Yep, and no worries about taking so much time between episodes. It gives us fans enough time to come up with our notoriously outlandish theories. Wink
avatar
DragRacingFanatic

Posts : 98
Join date : 2013-03-26
Age : 21
Location : Shipshewana

Back to top Go down

Re: Messages from Kevin

Post by Ceilingfanlover:) on Wed May 08, 2013 5:26 pm

DragRacingFanatic wrote:Yep, and no worries about taking so much time between episodes. It gives us fans enough time to come up with our notoriously outlandish theories. Wink

Outlandish?! What?!

_________________
Guess who got a new blog? thelifeandtimesofaudreyk.blogspot.com
avatar
Ceilingfanlover:)

Posts : 404
Join date : 2013-03-26
Age : 18
Location : Texas

http://aio-oddsandends.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Messages from Kevin

Post by DragRacingFanatic on Wed May 08, 2013 6:57 pm

Ceilingfanlover:) wrote:
DragRacingFanatic wrote:Yep, and no worries about taking so much time between episodes. It gives us fans enough time to come up with our notoriously outlandish theories. Wink

Outlandish?! What?!

Oh, nothing.... Grin
avatar
DragRacingFanatic

Posts : 98
Join date : 2013-03-26
Age : 21
Location : Shipshewana

Back to top Go down

Re: Messages from Kevin

Post by Will L on Thu May 09, 2013 11:29 pm

Thx Kevin!
avatar
Will L

Posts : 237
Join date : 2013-03-26
Age : 18
Location : Wenatchee, WA USA

http://dcbplus.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Messages from Kevin

Post by C-guy on Wed May 15, 2013 9:35 am

So Kevin, how's the Kickstarter campaign for Edwin and the Orbs going? Will it be released soon?
avatar
C-guy

Posts : 433
Join date : 2013-03-26
Age : 18
Location : Planet Earth

http://www.brothers-brick.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Messages from Kevin

Post by Kevin McCreary on Tue May 28, 2013 9:36 am

C-guy wrote:So Kevin, how's the Kickstarter campaign for Edwin and the Orbs going? Will it be released soon?

Well, I'm not sure on that. I recently revamped the promo for it and sent it to Jave. I also am editing a scene for it. Some what of a sneak peak of what we want to do, to show to the kickstarter supporters. Since I'm just doing the sound design and editing and not in charge of the direction or launch, I don't really know much beyond that. I just do my thing, when stuff is sent to me. haha.

But, as far as I know, we are still moving on it.

I'm also recording Voice Tracks for Episode 51 this week. So I'm excited to finally be moving that episode. Because it's a really good one!!!


-Kevin
avatar
Kevin McCreary

Posts : 36
Join date : 2013-03-24
Age : 31
Location : Charleston SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Messages from Kevin

Post by C-guy on Tue May 28, 2013 10:10 am

Kevin McCreary wrote:
C-guy wrote:So Kevin, how's the Kickstarter campaign for Edwin and the Orbs going? Will it be released soon?

Well, I'm not sure on that. I recently revamped the promo for it and sent it to Jave. I also am editing a scene for it. Some what of a sneak peak of what we want to do, to show to the kickstarter supporters. Since I'm just doing the sound design and editing and not in charge of the direction or launch, I don't really know much beyond that. I just do my thing, when stuff is sent to me. haha.

But, as far as I know, we are still moving on it.

I'm also recording Voice Tracks for Episode 51 this week. So I'm excited to finally be moving that episode. Because it's a really good one!!!


-Kevin
Yes! Can't wait for it! Both of them!
avatar
C-guy

Posts : 433
Join date : 2013-03-26
Age : 18
Location : Planet Earth

http://www.brothers-brick.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Messages from Kevin

Post by Will L on Tue May 28, 2013 7:34 pm

Great!
avatar
Will L

Posts : 237
Join date : 2013-03-26
Age : 18
Location : Wenatchee, WA USA

http://dcbplus.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Messages from Kevin

Post by Kevin McCreary on Fri May 31, 2013 10:27 pm

I updated the trailer for Edwin and the Orbs. It's the same idea as what you've all heard before. But I made changes based on what I've learned over the past year.

Hope you enjoy

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5912100/New%20Trailer.wav
avatar
Kevin McCreary

Posts : 36
Join date : 2013-03-24
Age : 31
Location : Charleston SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Messages from Kevin

Post by C-guy on Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:26 am

Kevin McCreary wrote:I updated the trailer for Edwin and the Orbs. It's the same idea as what you've all heard before. But I made changes based on what I've learned over the past year.

Hope you enjoy

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5912100/New%20Trailer.wav
Wow! It does make a difference! Very Happy
avatar
C-guy

Posts : 433
Join date : 2013-03-26
Age : 18
Location : Planet Earth

http://www.brothers-brick.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Messages from Kevin

Post by Kevin McCreary on Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:13 pm

Where is everybody? Shouldn't you guys be coming up with theories based on the clues I've dropped on twitter and facebook and what not? I think some people are dropping the ball a little bit. :-)
avatar
Kevin McCreary

Posts : 36
Join date : 2013-03-24
Age : 31
Location : Charleston SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Messages from Kevin

Post by Will L on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:18 am

Kevin McCreary wrote:Where is everybody? Shouldn't you guys be coming up with theories based on the clues I've dropped on twitter and facebook and what not? I think some people are dropping the ball a little bit. :-)
Well, I'm not on Facebook...do you have a twitter besides @Ethandaneilscf? Because I haven't seen any hints on that one.
avatar
Will L

Posts : 237
Join date : 2013-03-26
Age : 18
Location : Wenatchee, WA USA

http://dcbplus.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Messages from Kevin

Post by C-guy on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:38 am

Will L wrote:
Kevin McCreary wrote:Where is everybody? Shouldn't you guys be coming up with theories based on the clues I've dropped on twitter and facebook and what not? I think some people are dropping the ball a little bit. :-)
Well, I'm not on Facebook...do you have a twitter besides @Ethandaneilscf? Because I haven't seen any hints on that one.
Sorry not on Facebook or Twitter. But someone who is should be posting them here for us none facebookers and tweeters!
avatar
C-guy

Posts : 433
Join date : 2013-03-26
Age : 18
Location : Planet Earth

http://www.brothers-brick.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Messages from Kevin

Post by Ceilingfanlover:) on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:43 am

I haven't seen anything, but then again I have not been on Facebook a lot recently. *goes to check*
Ooh, you're working with someone else from Blimeycow? Is it Kelly?

_________________
Guess who got a new blog? thelifeandtimesofaudreyk.blogspot.com
avatar
Ceilingfanlover:)

Posts : 404
Join date : 2013-03-26
Age : 18
Location : Texas

http://aio-oddsandends.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Messages from Kevin

Post by Will L on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:38 pm

Ceilingfanlover:) wrote:
Ooh, you're working with someone else from Blimeycow? Is it Kelly?
Who else? Oh, wait, it's probably BHK.
avatar
Will L

Posts : 237
Join date : 2013-03-26
Age : 18
Location : Wenatchee, WA USA

http://dcbplus.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Messages from Kevin

Post by Kevin McCreary on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:28 pm

Ceilingfanlover:) wrote:I haven't seen anything, but then again I have not been on Facebook a lot recently. *goes to check*
Ooh, you're working with someone else from Blimeycow? Is it Kelly?

Nice. :-)


Also, did you guys see there is a new ANERWK! Since it's been over a year since the last one...I figured I'd go ahead and make it so long, it would take a year to get through it all. ;-)


http://feeds.feedburner.com/EarlyRecordings
avatar
Kevin McCreary

Posts : 36
Join date : 2013-03-24
Age : 31
Location : Charleston SC

Back to top Go down

Re: Messages from Kevin

Post by Ceilingfanlover:) on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:30 pm

YAY! I'm going to go listen to it Very Happy I was wondering if there was ever going to be another one.

_________________
Guess who got a new blog? thelifeandtimesofaudreyk.blogspot.com
avatar
Ceilingfanlover:)

Posts : 404
Join date : 2013-03-26
Age : 18
Location : Texas

http://aio-oddsandends.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Messages from Kevin

Post by Will L on Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:11 pm

Sweet! I'll listen to it on the way to Boy Scout camp. Very Happy
avatar
Will L

Posts : 237
Join date : 2013-03-26
Age : 18
Location : Wenatchee, WA USA

http://dcbplus.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Messages from Kevin

Post by C-guy on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:49 pm

Got anymore messages Kevin?
avatar
C-guy

Posts : 433
Join date : 2013-03-26
Age : 18
Location : Planet Earth

http://www.brothers-brick.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Messages from Kevin

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum