TCF Message Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 23 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:11 pm
Current Podcast

Season 5 Episode 1 - Ceiling Fan Mail
Season 5 begins as Ethan tries to return to a normal life...which might not be so easy.

Welcome to The Ceiling Fan board. Please do not feed the singing tortoises.

Messages from Kevin

+4
C-guy
Liz'alike
Ceilingfanlover:)
Kevin McCreary
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Messages from Kevin - Page 2 Empty Re: Messages from Kevin

Post by Kevin McCreary Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:37 am

Well, It's been a pretty crazy month. I mean, we put out a scene from Edwin and the Orbs. Got the Blimey cow podcast launched. As well as another Blimey Cow podcast called The Fellowship Gamer, which should be out this week or next. We've put out a new scoopcast episode and we should have an interview with Phil Lallor out today...AND I'm working on a fun new song for my soundcloud. I also announced that if we get 50 followers on our Spotify account we will release a new M'park song!!!

But I guess none of that matters, if we aren't putting out new CF episodes huh? haha. Well, part 1 and 2 of episode 51 are pretty close to being finished. I'm kinda waiting on Garrett to get the music together. As he is just starting College this week, he's been kinda busy.

That being said, I am working to get those episodes out soon. Plus I am working on writing for the last 2 episodes of the season...and maybe of all time. haha. Just making sure everything is making sense and ending in a nice fun perfect way. Will it? who knows. haha. But either way, I'm excited about getting them together. It's not an easy season to end and I really want them to be perfect. Thanks for being patient and sticking with us, while we get everything worked out.

Keep in touch everybody. :-)
Kevin McCreary
Kevin McCreary

Back to top Go down

Post by C-guy Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:17 pm

Kevin McCreary wrote:Well, It's been a pretty crazy month. I mean, we put out a scene from Edwin and the Orbs. Got the Blimey cow podcast launched. As well as another Blimey Cow podcast called The Fellowship Gamer, which should be out this week or next. We've put out a new scoopcast episode and we should have an interview with Phil Lallor out today...AND I'm working on a fun new song for my soundcloud. I also announced that if we get 50 followers on our Spotify account we will release a new M'park song!!!

But I guess none of that matters, if we aren't putting out new CF episodes huh? haha. Well, part 1 and 2 of episode 51 are pretty close to being finished. I'm kinda waiting on Garrett to get the music together. As he is just starting College this week, he's been kinda busy.

That being said, I am working to get those episodes out soon. Plus I am working on writing for the last 2 episodes of the season...and maybe of all time. haha. Just making sure everything is making sense and ending in a nice fun perfect way. Will it? who knows. haha. But either way, I'm excited about getting them together. It's not an easy season to end and I really want them to be perfect. Thanks for being patient and sticking with us, while we get everything worked out.

Keep in touch everybody. :-)
Awesome, glad that more CF eps, Blimey Cow audio stuff, Scoopcast eps, Soundcloud songs, a M'park song, Edwin and the Orbs previews, and completeness from Garrett are coming soon!
Green Stars 

Thank You Kevin!
C-guy
C-guy

http://www.brothers-brick.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by George Scheller (GS) Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:25 pm

College? I just skipped that. LOL
Actually I don't discourage anyone from going to college. I just happen to make $19.50 an hour without college and am skipping paying for it for now.
I hope Garrett does well in college.

George Scheller (GS)
George Scheller (GS)

http://thebigoneproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin McCreary Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:17 am

George Scheller (GS) wrote:College? I just skipped that. LOL
Actually I don't discourage anyone from going to college. I just happen to make $19.50 an hour without college and am skipping paying for it for now.

Hook me up with a job where you work! :-P
Kevin McCreary
Kevin McCreary

Back to top Go down

Post by Will L Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:45 pm

Kevin McCreary wrote:
Plus I am working on writing for the last 2 episodes of the season...and maybe of all time.)
I hope that's a joke, the "maybe of all time part", because the way you wrote it makes it sound like it isn't.
Will L
Will L

http://dcbplus.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by George Scheller (GS) Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:31 am

Kevin McCreary wrote:
George Scheller (GS) wrote:College? I just skipped that. LOL

Hook me up with a job where you work! :-P
Walmart Distribution Center. I don't think there are any near you though.
George Scheller (GS)
George Scheller (GS)

http://thebigoneproductions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin McCreary Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:23 pm

Will L wrote:
Kevin McCreary wrote:
Plus I am working on writing for the last 2 episodes of the season...and maybe of all time.)
I hope that's a joke, the "maybe of all time part", because the way you wrote it makes it sound like it isn't.
:-) I don't know. We'll see. I just feel really bad that I've taken almost 2 years just to get through this one season. I've realized, either I'm way too busy, or the show has gotten too complicated to produce. I'm going to have to simplify it some how, after this season. I know that much. I just depend on too many people right now, to get a completed product out there. But The Ceiling Fan as a "brand" (for lack of a better term) will never go away. :-)

-Kevin
Kevin McCreary
Kevin McCreary

Back to top Go down

Post by C-guy Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:34 am

Kevin McCreary wrote:
Will L wrote:
Kevin McCreary wrote:
:-) I don't know. We'll see. I just feel really bad that I've taken almost 2 years just to get through this one season. I've realized, either I'm way too busy, or the show has gotten too complicated to produce. I'm going to have to simplify it some how, after this season. I know that much. I just depend on too many people right now, to get a completed product out there. But The Ceiling Fan as a "brand" (for lack of a better term) will never go away. :-)

-Kevin
That's sounds good to me. Smile 
C-guy
C-guy

http://www.brothers-brick.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin McCreary Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:37 pm

Thank you everyone for all your support. I see that we have 50 followers on Spotify and I thank you all for that!

Unfortunately, Garrett will be doing minimal work for TCF in the future. Seeing as how he was much of the reason we did M'Kalister Park in the first place, we will not be releasing any M'park songs in the foreseeable future. The main focus now, and for the rest of the team, is to finish Season 4. Garrett will be finishing the music on episode 51 part 2. After which, we will be able to release it, followed by the final 3 episodes!

Thank you all for your support, and again, we do apologize for making promises we have been unable to keep.

-Kevin McCreary
Kevin McCreary
Kevin McCreary

Back to top Go down

Post by Will L Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:06 am

Kevin McCreary wrote:
Thank you all for your support, and again, we do apologize for making promises we have been unable to keep.

-Kevin McCreary
Don't worry about it, we're used to it. *snickers* JK, of course.
Thanks for the info, Kev! Too bad Garrett isn't going to be working on TCF too much in the future. pale Sad But it's completely understandable, of course. Does that mean that you guys will be using mostly stock music in the future? Or will you reuse old Garrett music?
Will L
Will L

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin McCreary Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:34 am

Will L wrote:
Kevin McCreary wrote:

-Kevin McCreary
Does that mean that you guys will be using mostly stock music in the future? Or will you reuse old Garrett music?

Well, there are going to be a lot of changes with TCF in the next year, following the end of season 4. A style that won't require as much music. As for the remainder of season 4, The musical elements will be done with many different tactics. Some will be scored by myself, as the past 2 christmas episodes have been. And then other elements, similar to the style of this past christmas special, which had more sound design and radio production elements. We'll just have to see what I come up with. I don't think we will take a huge hit in quality, but you may feel a little bit of a style change. It will feel like classic Ceiling Fan though. :-) That's for sure! :-D No worries there.

-Kevin
Kevin McCreary
Kevin McCreary

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin McCreary Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:14 pm

Ok, so I'm working on getting the song together and out this month. No promises, but I DO want to reward everyone and their hard work. You guys are amazing, we went from 0-50 much faster than I expected, and I'm very grateful for that! So I'm going to try to, at least, get that song out to you all. :-D I know many of you worked really hard to get people to subscribe on Spotify and you deserve an awesome song about Odyssey! :-)

Love you guys!

-Kevin
Kevin McCreary
Kevin McCreary

Back to top Go down

Post by Will L Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:10 pm

Kevin McCreary wrote:I don't think we will take a huge hit in quality, but you may feel a little bit of a style change. It will feel like classic Ceiling Fan though. :-) That's for sure! :-D No worries there.

-Kevin
Hm...change of style but still classic? There are only two things I can think of that are classic and yet different from how it's being done now--1 being Ethan giving news about Odyssey in a self centered, ironic way, and the other would be the News Reports coming back.
Will L
Will L

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin McCreary Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:49 pm

Hey friends. Soooo, it's been a million years. But I wanted to mention that, today I began working on episode 53 Part 1 and finished up the voice tracks. Now I just have to get the foley done and get Garrett to do the music. So....just a few years to go. haha.
Kevin McCreary
Kevin McCreary

Back to top Go down

Post by Will L Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:06 pm

Sweet!
Now to see how long it is before anyone else views this...haha
Will L
Will L

Back to top Go down